Wednesday, 10 March 2010
I finished my first little tuffet pillow. Thanks Lynn for the instructions, what you find here. My pillow is not perfect, but it's mine. The flowers are made with Anchor multicolour silk thread. Today I gave this little pillow to my collegue. Nowadays she begins cross stitch again. I hope, she likes my little present.
Thursday, 4 March 2010
… from Cserfescsillag. Thank you her for thinking of me. Sometimes when I keep looking at other’s blog, I don’t feel myself creative. I don’t create so many things just like other bloggers. Skorpiocska also thinks me creative. I’m pleased by this, so thank you her. So the first item is ok as for the rules:
a, Give thanks to the giver for the award.
b, Put the photo on the blog:
c, Link the giver’s blog: You may find Cserfescsillag’s blog here, and you may look in on Skorpiocska here.
d, I have to write 7 things about myself.
1. I love winter, mainly when a lot of snow fell. I like it best, when it begins to snow in the evening softly and secretly (Not as rain, which fall loudly, patter on the window-sill.), and in the morning everything is white. Everybody longs for spring, until I look at the little snowflakes with smile on my face.
2. I like crime series on tv. Nowadays I watch NCIS and Bones.
3. In the morning I get up hardly, but in the evening I would embroider far into the night. (Just one more thread, just one more colour, just some more stitch.)
4. Daily I drink 1 litre tea, but I drink only one instant coffee in the afternoon.
5. I like the smells of stationer’s. Years ago I used to desire having one, where I would breathe the smell of new papers, I would enjoy the exercise-books and colourful letter-papers.
6. I have intuitions a lot of times, bad thoughts, but I’m optimistic in everything.
7. I work at treasury and risk department as senior financial expert.
e, I have to give the award for seven bloggers, and I have to link theirs blog. It’s very difficult to choose, because I think everybody more creative, then me. But here it is, the list of the seven names:
1. Latinka always thinks up newer and newer giveaways. I think everybody is glad of it.
2. Belinda embroiders huge and wonderful pictures with lightning speed.
3. Andi bakes fine cakes day by day.
4. Phan makes beautiful jewels from beadles, her cake looks very fine, her embroideries is also beautiful.
5. Babra makes fantastic things from beads.
6. Zsófi, because I like her daughter’s fancy dress made by Zsófi.
7. Rita stitch beautiful pictures, crochets wonderful things. I found the idea of the slippers on her blog.
f, I have to tell the bloggers I signed them.
These felt slippers were crocheted by my friend, Eszter. She made them for my girl as Christmas present. I just say her, I saw some kind of slippers on the net on Rita’s blog, I had knitting wool, but I couldn’t crochet. She said, if I would give her a photo, the thread and she would make it. And she made them in a few days.
Update: Abile told me in comment, I found the pattern on her blog. She embroidered it with blue multicolour thread. Thank you Anikó for the pattern.
The Mediterranean steps were stitched in last May, in December and in January I embroidered mostly this pattern. I would like to finish in February. The Seashore was in my wardrobe since September, and the end is very far, but some stitches were made in January. Dolphins looks like not going on, but believe it, I embroidered it!
Mediterranean steps in last May and now:
The weather… I’m always tired and sleepy. (Yesterday I slept half day long.). I don’t feel like stitching, but I stitch the not finished works, as I resolved. You may see in the summary post what I stitch (Dolphins, Peaches and cream (I have to buy some thread, because I’m out of them.), Seashore, Mediterranean steps, Friends Girl with dog).
I will make summary about my works every month. My Mary’s frame was done. I’ll show it, when I can take a snapshot.
My daughters enjoy snowing. Railway embankment is not far from our house, we go there to sledge. They enjoy very much slipping from the top of the embankment, they don’t want to go home. We built snowmen in our garden, it thawed in a day. Today the sun is shining again, but it’s very cold.
We have still a lot of things to do around and in our house.
This year there will not be changes, our children will be still kindergarteners. Viki will be schoolgirl only in next September.
We don’t think of summer holiday this year, because we would like to have third baby at last.
Numbers of my stitching plans increase, instead of decrease. I decided to take turns at stitching not finished works every two or three days, I don’t want to finish all but I want to make good progress with them continuously. Perhaps I’m too optimist, but my list this year:
These were begun previously, I would like to go on with them:
DMC: Peaches and cream (tapestry)
These were begun in 2009:
Wednesday, 3 March 2010
Squirrel (present to Gabi's nursery)
Storage of threads and not finished works, scissors fob, biscornou (my sister's present)
Box with two cups of coffee (Eszter's birthday present)
Keys' keeper (my Father's present)
Bottle collar (my college's birthday present)
Mary Poppins (pattern designed by Ralina) I have no photo yet.
Heart ("French" pattern)
Tinker Bell's face (my daughter, Viki's present)
I made some more presents: scissors holders, scissors fobs, pinkeeps, boxes with ribbon embroideries.
More photos are found on my Hungarian blog.
First of all I will copy some posts from my other blog, which were written in English or translated into English.